jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Morten LAURITSEN" <mlaurit...@pictet.com>
Subject Curious about Jackrabbit...
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2006 08:15:46 GMT
        Hello,

First of all, if this question is in any way inappropriate for this
mailing list, I am very sorry to be wasting your time. Please direct me
towards the right person / mailing list.

I was looking for an implementation of the JSR-170 which supports
searching and versioning, and google pointed me straight to jackrabbit.

I and my colleagues have been reading the information on the site, the
documentation, the source code, browsing the mail archives etc. trying to
get a feel for the maturity of the project.

Jackrabbit is an almost perfect fit for the requirements on a project we
will soon be working on, so naturally we are hoping we won't have to
implement all this functionality ourselves.

The recent 0.9 release and the quite active mailing list suggests that the
project is healthy and moving towards a stable release.

We realize there are no guarantees with free software, but how risky would
you guys say it would be to use 0.9 in a production environment?
Naturally, we aren't talking nuclear reactor content management. ;-)

Is there a roadmap / planned shipping date for the 1.0 release? Again, no
guarantees expected, just general idea.

If we do choose jackrabbit we will of course try to be good citizens,
contributing whatever we can.

Thanks for your time,

Morten LAURITSEN
--
mlauritsen@pictet.com
+41 (58) 323 13 67

Pictet & Cie, Banquiers                  Tel. +41 (0)58 323 2323
29, boulevard Georges-Favon              Fax  +41 (0)58 323 2324
CH-1204 GENEVE                            http://www.pictet.com/

This document should only be read by those persons to whom it is
addressed  and  is  not intended to be relied upon by any person
without  subsequent written confirmation of its contents. If you
have  received  this  e-mail message in error, please destroy it
and delete it from your computer.
Any  form of  reproduction, dissemination, copying,  disclosure,
modification,  distribution  and/or  publication  of this E-mail
message is strictly prohibited.