jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Slater <li...@humanesoftware.com>
Subject Best Practice: defining custom nodes
Date Sun, 19 Feb 2006 06:49:23 GMT
I've got my repository's custom nodes defined, and I have no problem
reading them in (I'm using Jackrabbit's xml.NodeTypeReader) and
adding them to the repository. The question I have is, where is the
best place to do this? I'd love to be able to specify my custom
nodes, or at least the file location, in a config file someplace, and
have Jackrabbit read them in automatically if/when it has to create
the repository for the first time. What I don't want to be doing is
trying to add them every time I get a Session since they only need to
be configured once.

What is the current Best Practice for adding custom nodes to the
repository when it is created? From what I can tell, the
specification of the Repository configuration DTD has been left
entirely up to the implementation. Is there any reason there isn't an
element for specifying the custom node definition file location
there, and possibly the "Reader" type used to process the file?

Thanks,

Mark