jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Slater <li...@humanesoftware.com>
Subject Single vs. Multiple Workspaces
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2006 20:24:47 GMT
Is there a performance benefit or hit to splitting a repository into
multiple workspaces?

The design I'm considering will create one workspace for each user's
"owned" data, and several "shared" data workspaces more directly
managed by the system. On the other hand, it would be a little easier
for me to code a single workspace design so if there's no difference,
that's probably better for me right now. But if Jackrabbit's
performance is better when data is split over multiple workspaces,
I'd spend the extra time on it. A lot of my app's data, including
collections of larger data files (1-10 MB each) are going to be
stored in the Jackrabbit repository so I'm a little concerned about
performance there.

Mark