jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: custom AccessManager: overwrite isGranted() or checkPermissions()
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2006 03:59:56 GMT
hi stephan,

On 2/15/06, stephan lohwasser <stephan.lohwasser@systemone.at> wrote:
> hi,
> i am currently working on an own AccessManager-implementaion based on
> acls. (first of all: is there any prior art, or are examples availible?)
> to to this i wrote my own access manager which subclasses the simple
> access manager.
> the question is: shall i overwrite isGranted() or checkPermissions()?
> which of the methods is called when accessing the repository? or doesn't
> it matter at all? or do i have to overwrite both? or is this the
> completely wrong way?

both methods are defined by the AccessManager interface so a custom
AccessManager has to implement both (or override both if it extends from
SimpleAccessManager).

note that SimpleAccessManager is just a dummy/sample implementation
that doesn't do much. however it contains several @todo comments that
should give you some pointers where a custom implementation may want
to add code.

cheers
stefan