jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Tobias Bocanegra" <tobias.bocane...@day.com>
Subject Re: best practice - node view count
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2006 10:39:17 GMT
hi torgeir,
there is a descriptor that provides you with this information:

RepositoryImpl
.
.
    // names of well-known repository properties
    public static final String STATS_NODE_COUNT_PROPERTY =
"jcr.repository.stats.nodes.count";
    public static final String STATS_PROP_COUNT_PROPERTY =
"jcr.repository.stats.properties.count";
.
.
so just call: repository.getDescriptor("jcr.repository.stats.nodes.count");

regards, toby

On 2/21/06, Torgeir Veimo <torgeir@pobox.com> wrote:
> Has anyone implemented view counting for nodes in a jcr setup?
>
> I'd assume it would hurt performance to store view count as a node
> property.
>
> --
> Torgeir Veimo <torgeir@pobox.com>

T +41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97