jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Pfister <dominique.pfis...@day.com>
Subject Re: Beginners JTA question
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 10:45:51 GMT
Hi Renoir,

apparently WL invokes
JCAManagedConnectionFactory.createManagedConnection and passes null
for both Subject and ConnectionRequestInfo, which is something the jca
contribution does not expect. JCAManagedConnectionFactory.openSession
will try to extract credentials and workspace from the passed "null"
ConnectionRequestInfo and throws.

But, I'm afraid, the jca contrib will have to be revamped in your case
anyway, as BEA WLS 8.1 SP3 comes with connection API from J2EE SDK
1.3, whereas the jca contrib uses features from J2EE SDK 1.4 such as
creating a javax.resource.ResourceException with a base exception.

Regards
Dominique

On 2/9/06, Renoir <renoir.chuang@sti.com.tw> wrote:

> Costin Leau <costin.leau <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

> > You might want to check the JCR support part of the Spring Modules
> > (https://springmodules.dev.java.net) CVS.
> > It includes local transactional support and sample for both local and
> > JTA driven (through JCA) transactions.
> >
> > > Sorry if this question is a newbie to JTA question, but I have been
> > > looking at the jackrabbit code and I can't figure the following out.
> >

> > > I want to use Jackrabbit in my BEA container and use JTA to coordinate
> > > the transaction with Jackrabbit and my other JTA transactional
> > > resources.  The other resources already are plugged into the BEA world
> > > and code uses the BEA UserTransaction to coordinate the interaction
> > > between these resources.
> >

> > > The short question is how do I wire up Jackrabbit to work in this world?
> >

> > > From what I see (and I can be completely looking in the wrong spot),
> > > Jackrabbit uses XASessionImpl to appear as a XAResource, and I see in
> > > XATest how the Jackrabbit UserTransactionImpl is used to get a
> > > Jackrabbit specific UserTransaction, but I already have my own
> > > UserTransaction (well BEA's).
> >

> > > Am I missing something obvious?  I just don't see how I can get
> > > Jackrabbit to play in my UserTransaction world....
> >

> > > Thanks for the help,
> >
> > > Kevin
> >

> I try to deploy the jackrabbit ica 1.0 to BEA WLS8.1SP3, but there
> is error when I start the WLS,
>
> <Warning> <Connector> <sti-renoir> <cgServer> <main> <<WLS
Kernel>> <> <BEA-