jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Fabrizio Giustina <fgi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RESULT] Release Apache Jackrabbit version 0.9-incubating
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 14:17:41 GMT
On 2/14/06, Roy T. Fielding <fielding@gbiv.com> wrote:
> I have copied the release files to the only location we have right
> now for incubating jars, namely
>
>    http://cvs.apache.org/repository/org.apache.jackrabbit/jars/
>
> which is a maven repository.

mh, I don't think that's a correct location for those files if they
are not actual "maven artifacts"... sources jar should not be in the
"jars" directory and pom files are missing.

http://cvs.apache.org/repository should be a proper maven repository
for snapshots and test releases, not mirrored anywhere. The official
repository for PMC approved releases is instead at
www.apache.org/dist/java-repository (maven1) or
www.apache.org/dist/maven-repository (maven2) and they are synced to
ibiblio and mirrored.

Those jars should probably not be published there and maybe an
appropriare maven release should be added to the official repository
(renaming source jars and addings poms should be enough).
I also suggest you to publish to the maven2 repo, with m2 poms, since
now the maven 2 repository is the master and having m2 poms with
dependency scopes in place is important for users. If needed I could
help with this providing converted poms for the release.

cheers
fabrizio