jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Model-2 Deployment example and test app [Fixed, with suggestions for updated docs]
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2006 10:11:29 GMT
Hi,

On 2/15/06, Mark Slater <lists@humanesoftware.com> wrote:
> I spoke too soon. The repository is, in fact, shut down when the web
> app is undeployed or redeployed while Tomcat is running. However it
> cannot be started again without restarting Tomcat entirely.

I figure that the repository instance is left hanging loose somewhere
when the local JNDI context is rebuilt during redeployment. There is a
lock mechanism that prevents two Jackrabbit instances from running
simultaneously on a repository.

> Looks like I may have to wait until the transient capabilities are
> merged into the BindableRepository.

You may want to file a Jira issue for that to better track the progress.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Software craftmanship, JCR consulting, and Java development