jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Model-2 Deployment example and test app [Fixed, with suggestions for updated docs]
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 13:23:09 GMT

On 2/14/06, Mark Slater <lists@humanesoftware.com> wrote:
> I've finally got the servlet working (up to the point where it gets
> the repository that was configured in the Context).

Good to hear that. And thanks for following up with the troubleshooting results!

> From what I've seen on other mailing lists and web forums, I'm not
> the only one who's had trouble figuring out where to put the Context
> information. I'd suggest the following diffs to the site
> documentation, just to make the alternate context location more
> prominent.

Thanks! I applied your patch in revision 377720.

> I did find one other potential documentation bug in the howto-
> model1.xml page. The text says
> [...]
> I set up a model 1 repository in the same servlet (but with different
> repository settings) and tried to follow these directions. The
> problem that I ran into is that the shutdown() method is not in the
> javax.jcr.Repository interface, and BindableRepository is package
> protected so I can't even cast the object returned by the Context to
> a BindableRepository. Without that, I wasn't able to see how the
> shutdown() method could be called from my servlet's destroy() method.

Good point. Nowadays there's an alternative Repository frontend called
TransientRepository that solves the shutdown problem by automatically
closing the repository when all the sessions are closed, but it hasn't
yet been integrated with BindableRepository. I'll take a look at
fixing this.

Jukka Zitting

Software craftmanship, JCR consulting, and Java development
View raw message