jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release Jackrabbit version 0.9
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2006 08:16:30 GMT
Hi,

On 2/8/06, Roy T. Fielding <fielding@gbiv.com> wrote:
> Jukka, do you have any objections to trimming that down prior
> to asking the incubator PMC to approve a release?

No problem. I used the Maven dist goal as a starting point to building
the releases, but binary and source jar files are just as good with
me. I'll repackage in a short while.

I suppose there is no need to restart the release vote as long as no
source changes are made. I'll be happy to comply in case anyone feels
that a separate vote is needed.

> Also, please move the KEYS file up one level to the jackrabbit
> directory, update your key so that it includes my sigs, and add
> my key from the file /home/fielding/.pgpkey

Will do.

> I'll add my +1 when I can download the release jar, verify the sig,
> build from source, and check it passes the TCK tests.

Good. I've run the release against the included unit test suite (the
basis of the TCK) and a set of higher level functional tests
(proprietary, unfortunately) that I've got accumulated over time. I
however did *not* run the official TCK nor claim compliance for the
0.9 release to avoid legal issues with the TCK license (mainly the
audit costs of a possible dispute process). My plan (to be included in
the 1.0 release plan) is to ask Day to do the compliance testing for
the 1.0 release to avoid any complications.

PS. Any comment about the jar file/incubation notice issue raised on
general@i.a.o?

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Software craftmanship, JCR consulting, and Java development