jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Search question
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2006 16:39:13 GMT
Hi Pankaj,

the node name is also added to the fulltext index of the node. That
means jcr:contains() will also match the node name but of course also
values of all other properties. If you have a node structure like this:

+ foo
   + bar
   + foobar

and and a query like this:
//*[jcr:contains(.,'foo*')]

it will return /foo and /foobar.
(And if /bar had a property value that matches 'foo*' it would also be
included in the query result)

but keep in mind that fulltext indexing the node name is not specified
in jsr-170 and an implementation specific feature of jackrabbit.

I'm currently quite busy with other development task, but I hope to add
more XPath functions in a future release of jackrabbit.

regards
  marcel