jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Pankaj Gupta ...@fluent.com>
Subject Search question
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2006 15:37:35 GMT
Hi,

I need to add a functionality that returns all nodes whose name matches
a given pattern. For example, find all nodes whose name starts with
"foo". How can I formulate such query using Jackrabbit's XPath. The path
constraints don't allow any wildcards and I couldn't find a way of
including the node name in the property constraints. XPath has functions
such as name() and local-name() that can be used in the predicate
expressions but they are not supported by the JCR spec.

The only workaround that I could think of was to add name as another
property of the node. But this is redundant and I was hoping for a
better solution.

Thanks,
Pankaj