jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Giancarlo F. Berner" <Gianca...@TheBerners.ch>
Subject Re: Curious about Jackrabbit...
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2006 08:53:07 GMT
Next to the Apache Jackrabbit project, there are two additional
directions you may want to look at:
- JSR 170 compliant repositories (Jackrabbit, CRX)
- Applications based on JSR 170 compliant repositories (Communique,
Magnolia)

Jackrabbit is the Reference Implementation of the JSR 170 specification,
so it fulfills all requirements regarding the repository specs.
However, you may want to look at Day's powerful, fully JSR 170 compliant
CRX, the perhaps most powerful JSR 170 compliant repository on the market.
Check http://jsr170tools.day.com/crx/index.jsp to get an idea about
Day's CRX (www.day.com).

To give you an idea how reliable Jackrabbit is: There are already two
CMS based on Jackrabbit and CRX very well established on the market:
- Magnolia (www.magnolia.info) is built on Jackrabbit and very solid.
There are many professional applications (like http://www.mghihp.edu/ or
  http://www.amgentourofcalifornia.com/), which are built with Magnolia
and relying 100% on Jackrabbit.
- Communique is perhaps the best CMS on the market, based on CRX. Check
http://www.day.com for a large list of successfully implemented
applications running with Communique.

And perhaps the last reason to rely on the JSR 170 repository
technology: There is a company, http://www.xumak.com, which offers
professional services on JSR 170 specific technology (such as
Consulting, Training, Support and Project Engineering, for Communique,
Magnolia, CRX and Jackrabbit).

/giancarlo