jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Benjamin Larchevêque <blarcheve...@ippon.fr>
Subject Jackrabbit repository context
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2006 10:47:35 GMT

Hi,

I am using Tomcat 5.0.28, Liferay 3.6.1 and
jackrabbit-api-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar.  I have a matter that seems linked with
my system because everything worked fine until I install linux to
develop... since then I obtain the following error:

16:43:56,160 ERROR [com.liferay.portlet.StrutsPortlet]
javax.naming.NamingException: Failed to create configuration directory
for workspace default.
javax.portlet.PortletException
       at com.liferay.portlet.StrutsPortlet.include(StrutsPortlet.java:208)
       at com.liferay.portlet.StrutsPortlet.doView(StrutsPortlet.java:152)
       at
com.liferay.portlet.LiferayPortlet.doDispatch(LiferayPortlet.java:52)
       at javax.portlet.GenericPortlet.render(GenericPortlet.java:163)
       at
com.liferay.portal.servlet.PortletServlet.service(PortletServlet.java:78)

On the following line:

Repository repository = (Repository) environment.lookup("jcr/repository");

My configuration file are like that:

Tomcat server.xml:

      <!-- Declaration of the global content repository JNDI resource -->
      <Resource name="jcr/globalRepository"
                auth="Container"
                type="javax.jcr.Repository"/>

      <!-- Initialization parameters of the content repository resource -->
      <ResourceParams name="jcr/globalRepository">

        <!-- Use Jackrabbit as the content repository implementation -->
        <parameter>
          <name>factory</name>

<value>org.apache.jackrabbit.core.jndi.BindableRepositoryFactory</value>
        </parameter>
        <!-- The repository configuration file location -->
        <parameter>
          <name>configFilePath</name>
          <value>/data/cms/repository.xml</value>
        </parameter>
        <!-- The repository home directory location -->
        <parameter>
          <name>repHomeDir</name>
          <value>/data/cms/repository/</value>
        </parameter>
    </ResourceParams>

[...]
        <DefaultContext crossContext="true">
            <!-- Link the global content repository JNDI resource to
            the default context -->
            <ResourceLink name="jcr/repository"
                        global="jcr/globalRepository"
                        type="javax.jcr.Repository"
            />
            <ResourceLink name="jdbc/LiferayPool"
                        global="jdbc/globalLiferayPool"
                        type="javax.sql.DataSource"
            />
        </DefaultContext>

In my portlet web.xml

    <resource-env-ref>
        <description>Content Repository</description>
        <resource-env-ref-name>jcr/repository</resource-env-ref-name>
        <resource-env-ref-type>javax.jcr.Repository</resource-env-ref-type>
    </resource-env-ref>

I tried to set all the autorization to /data/cms/repository/ and to
TOMCAT_HOME/temp, but it didn't solve the problem...
Any suggestion?

Ben

ps: is there a regular jackrabbit mailing archive somewhere, with a
search engine, or even a forum?