jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandru Popescu <the.mindstorm.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: polymorphic queries
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2006 11:35:22 GMT
#: Marcel Reutegger changed the world a bit at a time by saying (astral date: 2/10/2006 1:28
PM) :#
> Alexandru Popescu wrote:
>> Considering the following hierarchy of node types: nt:parentType,
>> nt:childType1 extends nt:parentType and nt:childType2 extends
>> nt:parentType, than I am wondering if a query in the form:
>>
>> //element(*, nt:parentType) is gonna return both types of children (or
>> is it strict, meaning that the query will look only for nt:parentType
>> nodes and no children of nt:parentType; Than to retrieve both children
>> types nodes you should use //element(*, nt:childType1) or //element(*,
>> nt:childType2)).
>
> this is described in section 6.6.3.2 of the JCR spec:
>
> A type constraint specifies the common primary node type of the returned
> nodes, plus, possibly, additional mixin types that they also must have.
> Type constraints are inheritance-sensitive in that specifying a
> constraint of node type X will include all nodes explicitly declared to
> be type X, as well as all nodes of subtypes of X.
>

> regards
>   marcel

I am starting to feel ashamed :-( ... I've miss the info right in front of my eyes. Marcel
thanks a
lot and sorry for wasting your time. Your help is highly appreciated.

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.