jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: polymorphic queries
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2006 11:28:35 GMT
Alexandru Popescu wrote:
> Considering the following hierarchy of node types: nt:parentType,
> nt:childType1 extends nt:parentType and nt:childType2 extends
> nt:parentType, than I am wondering if a query in the form:
>
> //element(*, nt:parentType) is gonna return both types of children (or
> is it strict, meaning that the query will look only for nt:parentType
> nodes and no children of nt:parentType; Than to retrieve both children
> types nodes you should use //element(*, nt:childType1) or //element(*,
> nt:childType2)).

this is described in section 6.6.3.2 of the JCR spec:

A type constraint specifies the common primary node type of the returned
nodes, plus, possibly, additional mixin types that they also must have.
Type constraints are inheritance-sensitive in that specifying a
constraint of node type X will include all nodes explicitly declared to
be type X, as well as all nodes of subtypes of X.

regards
  marcel