jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: NodeIterator from QueryResult is lazy? or how to paginate query results
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2006 10:31:33 GMT
Alexandru Popescu wrote:
>> one exception though: if nodes need to be returned in document order,
>> all result nodes are loaded from storage to calculate their document
>> order. That information is not present in the index.
>>

> I am at loss here. Where can I read about this document order stuff?

this is covered in the spec in section 6.6.4.2

jackrabbit supports document order per default, though the
implementation does not scale well with a large number of result nodes.
Therefore you can disable document order for queries without 'order by'
clause in the configuration. See sample repository.xml and jira issue
JCR-145.

regards
  marcel