jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandru Popescu <the.mindstorm.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NodeIterator from QueryResult is lazy? or how to paginate query results
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2006 10:19:00 GMT
Thanks a lot!

#: Marcel Reutegger changed the world a bit at a time by saying (astral date: 2/7/2006 11:56
AM) :#
> Alexandru Popescu wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I haven't been able to find this documentation in the spec, nor around
>> Jackrabbit, so please excuse me if I just missed it.
>>
>> I am wondering if the NodeIterator returned from a QueryResult is a
>> lazy-loading iterator or the QueryResult fetches the nodes right away?
>
> this is implementation dependent. Jackrabbit loads the nodes on a lazy
> basis.

This is good news, and with the skip part it should work perfectly.

> one exception though: if nodes need to be returned in document order,
> all result nodes are loaded from storage to calculate their document
> order. That information is not present in the index.

I am at loss here. Where can I read about this document order stuff?

>> I have reached this question, while trying to figure out how to paginate
>> the nodes returned by a Query. I could not found a way to query for a
>> specified number of nodes, is there a way? Even better would be to be
>> able to retrieve a number of nodes from a specific index, but still no
>> hints how to do this.
>
> you can use e.g. NodeIterator.skip(30) to return matches number 31 and
> higher.

that was the one i was looking for... and as always it was in front of my eyes :-).

thanks again,

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.