jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandru Popescu <the.mindstorm.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject NodeIterator from QueryResult is lazy? or how to paginate query results
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2006 09:30:42 GMT
Hi!

I haven't been able to find this documentation in the spec, nor around Jackrabbit, so please
excuse
me if I just missed it.

I am wondering if the NodeIterator returned from a QueryResult is a lazy-loading iterator
or the
QueryResult fetches the nodes right away?

I have reached this question, while trying to figure out how to paginate the nodes returned
by a
Query. I could not found a way to query for a specified number of nodes, is there a way? Even
better
would be to be able to retrieve a number of nodes from a specific index, but still no hints
how to
do this.

Can you please enlighten me? Thanks in advance,

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.