jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Version references
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2006 09:14:02 GMT
Martin Perez wrote:
> Do you mean that I have to search on the version storage?
>
> Do you have a sample query. I'm a little lost since the last changes index
> changes. I know to look on "normal" storage we should use /jcr:root but what
> about looking on the version storage?

introducing a separate index for the version storage ([1]) shouldn't
have any impact on how you query for nodes. at least that was my
intention. please report a jira issue if you think query behaviour
changed since that change.

/jcr:root represents the root node of your workspace and is also an
ancestor of the version storage. so, if you have a query like this:

/jcr:root//*[jcr:contains(.,'foo')]

it will also return version nodes if there are matches.

if you want to limit your query to the version storage your query would
begin with /jcr:root/jcr:system/jcr:versionStorage

regards
  marcel

[1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-257