jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Christophe Lombart <christophe.lomb...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: XML documents & Jackrabbit
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2006 23:03:00 GMT
Hi all,

In a document management application, we want to :
1/ use an xml editor to update a very large xml document. the end-user
can update the complete xml document or can retrieve one subset of the
xml structure in order to modify the corresponding document sections.
That means different users can work on different document sections.
2/ store the document into a central repository (of course :-) )

I'm wondering if a JCR repository like Jackrabbit can help or is it
better to use in such case an XML db.

So my questions are :
1/ What is the best design to store large xml documents into Jackrabbit ?

2/ What about the JCR import/export features ? I suppose that
performance can decrease seriously if the document is very large ? How
can we validate the content during the import process ? I'm not sure
if node type validation are sufficient if I have complex business
rules.

Thanks !
--
Best regards,