jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Chandresh Turakhia" <chand.turak...@bhartitelesoft.com>
Subject Re: Suggestion on JSR 283.
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2006 12:14:33 GMT

Dear David / Benjamin

> Maybe the Jackrabbit project could host something like
> a "Public Nodetype Library" initially?
> [ http://zitting.name/jukka/2004/11/jackrabbit/msg00134.html ]

Yes. I had opportunity to look at previous thread. But it seems is the time
to start the project since Jackrabbit is approaching 1.0 version.
I can do initial documentation work. I do agree something similiar to
http://www-eleves.int-evry.fr/~deckmyn/docs/LDAP-ObjectClasses.html can
help, since LDAP standards have huge backing of industry.

Benjamin,
    Where can I get exo NodeModelling similiar to this page.
http://jlibrary.sourceforge.net/6/hierarchy.html
    I shall the same on Exo Platform forum to that others can also benefit.

>> Idea is to have standard nodes for DRM , MPEG 7 DDLs, MPEG 21 files.
>>
>> Standard property1 : AdaptableRenderer
>>
>>             property2 : AdaptablePersister
>>
>>            property3 : AdaptableQuery

On the query front, I apprepriate exo's approach of having grammar service
and have something like JCR-SQL .

Benjamin / David :
Can we aim to get JCR-SQL  in jackrabbit-commons - a general-purpose JCR
query utility library.
Or atleast standardized it INFORMALLY. :)

Benjamin may want to send some sample tutorial based on JCR-SQL.Basically
exo has done some smart work to define query and writing grammar for the
same.

Chand