jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Chand" <chand.turak...@bhartitelesoft.com>
Subject RE: Best Practice: defining custom nodes
Date Sun, 19 Feb 2006 16:46:55 GMT

Mark,

My understanding of Custom nodes may not be the best and Actually people on
the group can help me correct it if it is wrong.

Custom Nodes is similiar to "User Defined Datatype" in RDBMS.
You define storage , functions available etc. on the newly created Data
Type- One may also includes functions to process the same.

It seems JSR 283 is supposed to work in this direction.
"- Improvement of content repository interoperability through the
addition of new standardized node types ,including node types for meta
information and internationalization."

>Is there any reason there isn't an
>element for specifying the custom node definition file location
>there, and possibly the "Reader" type used to process the file?

Yes, if there is Custom Node e.g. "DRM file" and you know the content will
always confirm to XrML XSD, One may wish to have "Render" which will display
the node content in some standard way- may be different XSLT transforms
depending on where the content needs to be display.etc.

Or May be add a property "Renderer" to custom Node which stores info about
the rendering program.

I think it is possible to do extent "Exo - ECM "  to do the same.

Benjamin Mestrallet from exo platform may be able to guide you further . :)

Chand