jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Marek Blotny" <Marek.Blo...@cognifide.com>
Subject OnParentVersion attribute
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 15:05:22 GMT
Hi all!

I think I need some clarification around OnParentVersion attribute.

According to specification: "Every item (node or property) in the
repository has a status indicator that governs what happens to that item
when its parent node is versioned."

I'm interested in VERSION value for that attribute. I understand that on
checkin of some node, new version of that node is created. Moreover
version node will have as many subnodes as there was a real subnodes.
I'm confused because according to specification subnodes of version node
are references to version history, not to actual version.

My question is how can I know what was the version of subnodes when new
version of node (parent) was created?

--

Thanks,

Marek