jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "sirčne vip" <sirene_...@hotmail.com>
Subject Lack of performance and possible optimization
Date Sat, 28 Jan 2006 12:12:06 GMT
Hello,

I have a question about opitmisation and performance.

Supposing that I have  1'000'000 nodes to store in my tree under the root
node, where each node has system-generated unique ID.

Then in a later phase, I want to unstore one node with a specfic ID. What
I'm doing currently is iterating over these nodes and for each node, getting
its ID and comparing it the ID of the node to be unstored.

I was wondering about the performance of such a solution and what other
alternatives exist in order to optimize it.

Thank you.