jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Performance bottleneck
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2006 16:16:30 GMT
> Hi,
>
> You may want to file a Jira issue about the performance with large
> numbers of child nodes. I think it is a valid concern that should be
> addressed somehow. If nothing else, the performance constraint should
> be mentioned in the Jackrabbit documentation.

i posted a jira issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-307
it's not a PersistenceManager issue but a problem of the
NodeState#ChildNodeEntries
implementation which is optimized for same name sibling processing
but doesn't seem to scale well with a large number of (uniquely named) entries.
i'll look into it asap.

cheers
stefan