jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re[2]: workspace already exists
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2006 17:11:52 GMT
On 1/18/06, Brian Moseley <bcm@maz.org> wrote:
> On 1/18/06, Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisberg@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > brian, since you're a committer i guess you know the answers to your questions.
>
> just because i have the ability to check in doesn't mean i am an
> expert on all areas of the code :) gosh, that i'm competent in any
> area of the code is in doubt! i don't recall having to take a
> qualifying exam in order to get the invitation to become a committer
> :)

touché ;) you must have caught me on the wrong foot, sorry.

> seriously though, i'm sure i'm not the only person who's interested in
> finding out more about jackrabbit's robustness. certainly i and every
> other person who has these questions can embark on our own independent
> research projects and hopefully come up with the right answers - or,
> more efficiently, we can ask the expert.
>
> this is certainly the type of information that would be helpful to
> have on the wiki, and i'll be happy to record it there if you do have
> something to share.

fair enough :) currently only SimpleDbPersistenceManager and subclasses thereof
do support transactions. i guess BerkeleyDBPersistenceManager in contrib does
also but i didn't test it.

wrt externalBlobs=true: blobs in the file system are not stored within
the context
of a transaction, i.e. the changes in the fs wont be reverted on
rollback. if you do
need transaction support you have to specify externalBlobs=false.

cheers
stefan