jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re[2]: workspace already exists
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2006 14:34:37 GMT
On 1/18/06, Costin Leau <costin.leau@gmail.com> wrote:

> Indeed - the problem appears if the server suffered a forced shutdown
> (think of power turned off). What can I do in these cases where the
> repository might be in a inconsistent state ? How can I recover my
> information?

if you're using a transactional pm (e.g. DerbyPersistenceManager)
you should be pretty safe wrt corrupted repository state after abnormal
process termination.

however, in your case you seem to end up with disappearing workspace.xml
files which is pretty weird. i have no idea how this could happen.
you'll have to investigate yourself i'm afraid since i don't know your
environment.

cheer
stefan