jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r366207 - in /incubator/jackrabbit/trunk/jackrabbit/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/core: fs/db/ state/db/
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2006 11:27:06 GMT
hi martin

> Hi Stefan (and others),
>
> I am not yet using jackrabbit (little expirements though), but when I do, I like to get
"rid" of the
> ddl and use ddlutils [*] for that, so there is one schema, from which ddl can be generated
(saves a
> lot of maintenance)
> DDLUtils isn't yet released and support for daffodil is not yet there, so we need to
finish that first.
> Are you willing to consider such a patch ?

generally i think that ddlutils is a very good and usefull and well
documented tool.
the "supported databases" section i found particularly helpful.

i have to admit though that i am rather sceptic regarding the benefit
of replacing
the .ddl files with ddlutils. the current mechanism is IMO very simple
yet efficient.
does ddlutils support placeholders in schema object names, e.g.
"create table ${schemaObjectPrefix}NODE ..."? another issue: the schema used
is extremely simple. i prefer to 'tune' the schema for specific
backends rather than
restricting myself to the least common denominator. an example: