jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Perez <mper...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Best approach to update nodetypes hieararchy
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 08:48:58 GMT
Yes, I also planned to create a migration tool, but for complex migrations

I'm doing tests with a very simple operation : add a mandatory child
property definition to a node type definition. It's really simple, but
currently I'm not able to do it. I think, that such type of operations would
have been easy to manage from Jackrabbit. At least, it could be added a
parameter to the method telling if we want to maintain repository integrity
so, if we mark that parameter as false it would be the developer
responsability to ensure repository integrity.

Another question comes to my mind, if that property was not mandatory, then
the operation would fit on the "trivial" changes that reregister/unregister
methods control?