jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Perez <mper...@gmail.com>
Subject Best approach to update nodetypes hieararchy
Date Sun, 22 Jan 2006 19:19:24 GMT
Hi.

Currently, I have a defined nodetype hiearchy, and deployed an application
with that hierarchy. Now, I find that this hierarchy will change on next
version, so I need to update legacy repository node types. This update can
mean adding node child defintions, adding properties to node definitions,
etc...

So, what is the best approach to solve this problem?

Originally, I thought about unregister the original node definition and
register the new one, but unregister throws a not implemented message.
Anyways, I think that maybe this would not work as removing node definitions
could have other consequences.

So now, I'm thinking about adding new properties and nodes manually to old
legacy definitions. But, what should be the best approach?

Thanks,

Martin