jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Perez <mper...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Strange search behaviour
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 09:28:17 GMT
Hi people, I hope you all a good new year.

Today I have been testing my repository and I found a strange search
behaviour that make me thought that it could be some bug on the search
algorithm.

Let's see. First of all, I'm using XMLPersistenceManager. I had one big
repository with 500..1000 documents. All those documents had the content
indexed using the available text filters. Next I created a smaller
repository with only two nodes, also with their content indexed with
available text filters.

Then I performed a xpath query over the smaller repository. Something like
this://*[@jcr:primaryType='nt:file' and
jcr:contains(@jlib:keywords,'test')]. As you see, is very simple, it
searches for a term under a keywords property. That query went fine and
returned very fast.

But the problem, is when I performed another query. Something like this:
//*[@jcr:primaryType='nt:resource' and jcr:contains(.,'test')] This query
tries to search the same term on the node binary contents. The query was
very very very slooooooow. So I decided to debug that query, and I saw that
the NodeIterator returned had over 270 nodes !!! How it can have 270 nodes
if the repository won't have more than 10? I suppose that is because the
query was done also over the first repository, but then, is the XPath query
wrong?

Thanks for your help!

Martin