jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Tobias Bocanegra <tobias.bocane...@day.com>
Subject Re: Value based AccessManager?
Date Sat, 21 Jan 2006 14:51:36 GMT
hi mike,
one solution is to give a system session to the access manager that is
separate from the one actually accessing the workspace (user session).
during the save operation of the user session, this system session
still has the 'old' view on the workspace and can be used to determine
the authorization.

regards, toby

On 1/20/06, Daglian, Michael (IT) <Michael.Daglian@morganstanley.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am having a bit of trouble determining how to use the AccessManager
> interface to provide authorization rather than authentication. We have a
> Jackrabbit-external authorization service based upon certain attributes
> of the repository data (the path and declaring node type of the modified
> item as well as property values - we don't authorize to the individual
> property level). I can work around the access manager configuration not
> including a session instance (albeit a less than ideal solution).
> However, an issue arises when attempting to authorize removal
> operations. Jackrabbit appears only to invoke the access manager to
> check for removal permissions upon save (i.e. in the
> validateTransientItems method of ItemImpl). However, access to property
> values (or even the removed item) at this point isn't possible since the
> item has been removed from the session (even it's state is not very
> accessible as it's in the attic of the TransientItemStateManager). Has
> anyone else ventured down this path and come up with a clean solution?
> Apologies if this has been addressed in earlier discussions but a search
> of the archives did not yield anything.
>
> Regards,
>
> -- Mike
>
> NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender.  Sender does not waive
confidentiality or privilege, and use is prohibited.

T +41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97