jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Cyrus Daboo <cyrus+lists.jackrab...@daboo.name>
Subject Re: problem with index not being updated
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2006 13:10:16 GMT
Hi Marcel,

--On January 13, 2006 9:12:49 AM +0100 Marcel Reutegger
<marcel.reutegger@gmx.net> wrote:

>> it may be that cyrus' TextFilterFactory approach causes the
>> classloading problem i'm seeing, but i can't say for sure, because to
>> be honest, classloading makes my head spin :) what do you think?
>
> yeah, classloading is not trivial stuff. I really suggest to move the
> text filter class. Or is there a specific reason why you want to keep the
> classes in the webapp?

The text filter is very specific to the webapp (it does some custom
indexing of the iCalendar data - not a straight text extraction as other
text filters do) and it has a dependency on iCalendar libraries for
parsing. Thus a whole bunch of stuff, not just the text filter, would have
to be moved up to the tomcat class loader - this seems like a bad layering
violation to me.

--
Cyrus Daboo