jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Pfister <dominique.pfis...@day.com>
Subject Re: Beginners JTA question
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2006 07:42:33 GMT
Hi Kevin,

The UserTransactionImpl in Jackrabbit is used solely for testing
purposes, where you usually don't have an application server within
reach, sorry, if this is confusing.

In order to make Jackrabbit work as an XA resource, you have to make
it available as a resource adapter (RA) in your application server.
There is a contribution named jca in the contrib directory that
packages jackrabbit into a deployable RAR (resource adapter archive).

For BEA, you'll probably want to add a weblogic-ra.xml to the RAR's
META-INF folder that specifies the JNDI name where your RA will be
made available to applications. Finally, your web application will
need a resource-ref entry that has to be linked to the RA's JNDI name.
If you then reference this resource in your code:

Repository rep = (Repository) new
InitialContext().lookup("java:comp/env/jackrabbit");

it will automatically be enlisted as an XAResource in BEA's UserTransaction.

Cheers
Dominique