jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Belisle <Nicolas.Beli...@bibl.ulaval.ca>
Subject Re: Lucene JCR Index
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2006 18:13:59 GMT
Hi,

Sorry for my late response.

I took a quick look at Compass documentation.
I think one has to subclass
org.compassframework.core.lucene.engine.store.AbstractLuceneSearchEngineStore
if he wishes to add a custom storage mechanism.
They use a connection parameter for configuration.
LuceneSearchEngineStoreFactory seems to create the appropriate
AbstractLuceneSearchEngineStore implementation based on the connection
prefix. One could add, for example, a jcr: prefix that looks in JNDI for a
repository.
 From there, one should be able to use Compass as with other storage
mechanisms.
I do not know for transactions support. I think can they retrieve JTA
transaction from JNDI. I suppose the storage implementation is responsible
for publishing it ?

Regards,

Nicolas