jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [beginner]file structure
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2006 09:08:49 GMT
Hi,

On 1/14/06, sirène vip <sirene_vip@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Back to Second Hop, once more :-)
> After executing the example, although the output is correct as indicated on
> the website, the content of the folders, generated by the repository.xml
> file, is still empty.
>
> Shouldn't I have the new created nodes ("testnode") saved somehwere in one
> of the subfolders of repository folder?

How and where the created nodes are actually stored is determined by
the persistence manager and file system settings in the repository
configuration. The example configuration file on the First Hops page
uses the LocalFileSystem and XMLPersistenceManager components, which
taken together will store the node contents as XML files within the
"data" subdirectory of the workspace directory. You may have missed
the node files as they are named ".node.xml" and are thus hidden by
default in normal directory listings.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Software craftmanship, JCR consulting, and Java development