jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [beginners]Defining New Namespaces
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2006 21:48:37 GMT
Hi,

On 1/12/06, sirène vip <sirene_vip@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I want to define new namespaces for the project I'm working on. Let's say:
> I want to define "test1" and "test2" namespaces.
>
> Where should they be defined? I tried in "ns_reg" file under
> Home-Example/repository/repository/namepsaces, but it didn't work. I'm using
> for that purpose:
> ws.getNamespaceRegistry().registerNamespace
>         ("test", "http://www.konito.net/test/1.0"); -- as an example!

The NamespaceRegistry is the correct place to manage the persistently
registered namespaces. In general you should not directly modify any
of the files within the Jackrabbit repository directory unless you are
absolutely sure of what you are doing (changing workspace
configuration properties, etc.).

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Software craftmanship, JCR consulting, and Java development