jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject slf4j in 1.0?
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2006 15:54:15 GMT
Hi,

The issue JCR-215 proposes to use the SLF4J logging facade in
Jackrabbit instead of directly using log4j. The issue has been on hold
waiting for a stable version of SLF4J.

SLF4J is getting very close to a 1.0 release (now in release candidate
5), so I'm thinking that we might perhaps want to make the
log4j->slf4j switch before the 1.0 release. This would avoid the
trouble of changing the logging framework between future Jackrabbit
releases.

Unless anyone objects, I'll tag JCR-215 for the 1.0 release and
prepare for making the switch once SLF4J 1.0 is out.

PS. See the links in JCR-215 for backround and reasons for making the switch.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Software craftmanship, JCR consulting, and Java development