jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 1.0 release plan (Was: time for another incubator board report)
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2006 13:00:52 GMT
Hi,

On 1/11/06, Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisberg@gmail.com> wrote:
> +1 for making release with open issues notice. there are still some
> open node type-related issues which i hope to be able to fix until the
> end of this month, maybe sooner.

Cool! I just added Jira issues for the remaining JCR-RMI issues I'm
planning to have ready for 1.0.

If there are other fixes or features you'd like to see in 1.0, please
file Jira issues and tag them for the release by setting the "Fix
version" to 1.0.

Unless anyone object, I'd like to freeze the 1.0 issue list on
February 1st. We can then decide which issues to postpone for 1.1 (or
a later version) and focus on solving the remaining open issues. My
suggestion is to postpone any non-critical issues that would require
more than a few days to fix. My plan would then be to make an alpha
release fairly quickly at the beginning of February. If the remaining
open issues are fixed timely and no major problems are found with the
alpha, then I suppose we could have the release ready for the
acceptance vote sometime in late February/early March.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Software craftmanship, JCR consulting, and Java development