jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject 1.0 release plan (Was: time for another incubator board report)
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2006 08:58:24 GMT
Hi,

On 1/11/06, Roy T. Fielding <fielding@gbiv.com> wrote:
> Aside from the new committers we added, does anyone have suggestions
> for what I should put in the quarterly board report for the Incubator?
> Perhaps a plan for a 1.0 release, maybe?

The last 1.0 discussion ended with a concern for the open issues in
versioning. Other than that the Jira roadmap looks pretty good for
making the release. My opinion is that instead of waiting for perfect
quality, we should make the release with a known issue notice about
the versioning. What's the general opinion?

Should we appoint a release manager as in
http://httpd.apache.org/dev/release.html? I can take the task unless
someone else wants to.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Software craftmanship, JCR consulting, and Java development