jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Newbies question
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2006 17:17:43 GMT
Hi,

On 1/6/06, Jérôme BENOIS <benois@argia-engineering.fr> wrote:
> I want use jackrabbit in order to create 180000 content nodes. But, how
> to use correctly the session ? Call session.save() for each nodes or
> prefer call session.save() per bloc of 1000 nodes ?

It depends on your performance and memory use requirements. Each
save() will cost you some time, but the more changes you queue up
before calling save() the more memory your process will use to hold
the pending changes. Calling Session.save() only per a block of
changes is probably better for such bulk loads.

You may also want to take a look at the Workspace.importXML() and
Workspace.getImportContentHandler() for an efficient alternative to
bulk loading large amounts of data.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Software craftmanship, JCR consulting, and Java development