jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JCR-RMI Iterator support
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2006 12:00:41 GMT
Hi,

On 1/4/06, Felix Meschberger <Felix.Meschberger@day.com> wrote:
> Thanks alot. Good thing. Just one question: Could it be, that the
> proposal to make ServerAdapterFactory.optimizeIterator protected got lost ?

Ah, sorry. I ended up considering whether it would make sense to make
the default ServerAdapterFactory.optimizeIterator() a no-op, and have
a separate BufferingServerAdapterFactory subclass that would contain
the bufferSize property and override the optimizeIterator() method.

That would be a more orthogonal design, but as long as we don't have
many competing optimization mechanisms, it's probably easier to have
the default mechanism right there in the base class. Committed in
revision 365897.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Software craftmanship, JCR consulting, and Java development