jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Ritchy <rit...@jarbo.com>
Subject Re: Advice on building a CMS
Date Sun, 29 Jan 2006 20:32:18 GMT
Looking at your site - seems like JSR 170 is a perfect fit for OpenEdit
because it's content based.  In order to help you; however, it'd be nice
to know how far along you are with jackrabbit/jsr170 - and more
specifically what areas you're looking for help.  Have you downloaded it
yet? Are you looking for node design collaboration?

In my mind - one thing missing from this community is collaboration on
common designs/best practices.  I guess that's up to people like you and
I.  But, I'd love to see mini-projects pop-up based on commonly used
designs ... things like a blogging framework.

Speaking of which, I spent last Friday writing a basic blogger based on
JSR 170 (model/node persistence). It works, but I'm not sure how much it
sucks. I'd really like to see a similar design from top to bottom (node
design, actual code, etc.) - to get an idea of how I'm doing.

-Robert