jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: [M10N] cocoon-jcr
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2006 09:08:12 GMT
David Nuescheler wrote:

>hi sylvain,
>
>does this help?
>http://www.day.com/maven/jsr170/licenses/day-spec-license.htm
>
>if i can do anything else to help, please let me know. it clearly
>is our intention that everybody should be able to redistribute the jcr-1.0.jar

well, I will use your statement in front of a court (maybe in the
future) to argue why we redistributed jcr-1.0.jar ;-)

Although I am not sure if the word "intention" is enough versus the end
of the second para:

"No license is granted hereunder for any other purpose (including, for
example, modifying the Specification, other than to the extent of your
fair use rights, or distributing the Specification to third parties)"

or am I misunderstanding something? Or what is the context of
"distributing the Specification to third parties"?

Thanks

Michi

--
Michael Wechner