jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Sandro Böhme <sandro.boe...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Browsing Magnolia (in fact any Jackrabbit) repositories with jLibrary
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2006 20:48:29 GMT
Hi Martin,

I plan to create a new version of the JCR Browser. If you want, I can
create it as an reusable eclipse plugin
and I can integrate it in your jlibrary system. The probably most simple
interface would be the JCR-Session
so you don't depend on my security-configuration options.
But on the other hand, the first goal of my JCR Browser will be the
connection to different repositories and
deployment methods. If you would want to use it, the according interface
would then be javax.jcr.Repository.
Maybe you could use this interface and return the javax.jcr.Session to
the view-plugin(NodeView, PropertyView). This way the Session would be
one single interface to the view. I still need to find out, how this
corresponds to
the eclipse feature/plugin/fragment architecture.
What do you think in general? Just do be sure, would it be ok for you to
have a third party plugin that you
would not need to maintain? Or do you only want to have an own JCR-Browser?

Regards,

Sandro