jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandru Popescu <the.mindstorm.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: problem with index not being updated
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2006 11:04:33 GMT
#: Marcel Reutegger changed the world a bit at a time by saying on  1/11/2006 12:54 PM :#
> Brian Moseley wrote:
>> the stack trace is:
>>
>> 2006-01-09 14:42:53,882 ERROR [ObservationManagerFactory] Synchronous EventConsu
>> mer threw exception.
>> java.lang.ThreadDeath
>>         at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoa
>> der.java:1221)
>>         at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoa
>> der.java:1181)
>>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:319)
>>         at org.osaf.cosmo.jackrabbit.query.TextCalendarTextFilter.doFilter(TextC
>> alendarTextFilter.java:114)
>> [...]
>
> hmm, that is pretty strange. a ThreadDeath is only thrown when the
> thread is stopped with Thread.stop(). the query handler does not catch
> any errors. If a ThreadDeath can happen during regular operation I need
> to change the query handler to be able to deal with such a situation.
>
> regards
>   marcel

afair I've seen such traces when Jackrabbit was used from Tomcat and the repository shuts
down. The
Tomcat classloader tried to load some classes to finish up some threads and this resulted
in similar
traces. But this was kind of time ago.

not sure this helps,

./alex