jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Serge Huber <shub...@jahia.com>
Subject Re: DB Persistence / Hibernate
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2006 08:42:54 GMT
Stefan Guggisberg wrote:

>hi mark
>there's an implementation of a PersistenceManager that uses hibernate
>in contrib/orm-persistence. AFAIK it is unfinished and hasn't been touched
>for a long time. i am not sure if it is still being maintained. serge
>huber is the
>author so he might be able to provide you more details.

Yes indeed I'm sorry about this. I really hoped I would have more time
to spend on the project, but I've been trying to catch up with work
these last months. Anyway I hope I will be able to revamp it soon, as I
should be unlocking some community work time soon.

As for the implementation, Stefan is absolutely right, it is dated and
needs to be revised, and in the lights of the new implementations I
should probably look at more efficient ways of mapping the objects.

Regards,
  Serge...