jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@day.com>
Subject Re: Question about queries
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2006 09:53:01 GMT
Hi Pankaj,

Jackrabbit guarantees that queries executed on a workspace are always
correct against the current persisted state of items. Please note that
unsaved changes are not searchable, as specified in jsr-170.

The query implementation uses lucene to maintain an index. we
implemented several extensions to lucene that allow jackrabbit to
efficiently index on an incremental basis.

See also: http://incubator.apache.org/jackrabbit/doc/arch/operate/query.html

which explains some of the implementation details.

To answer your question: you do not have to manually re-index the
repository after a change.

regards
  marcel

--
Marcel Reutegger, Day Software AG, Barfuesserplatz 6, CH - 4001 Basel