jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Pankaj Gupta ...@fluent.com>
Subject Question about queries
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2006 16:10:31 GMT
Hi,

I am new to Jackrabbit and from what I have read so far, it looks like a
great product. However I am a little concerned about the use of Lucene
as the search engine. In my application I would be creating a dynamic
data repository and need the search results to be correct and
up-to-date. For example, if I add/delete nodes or change the properties
of some nodes, these changes should be reflected in the next query by
any user of the repository.

Is this behavior guaranteed by Jackrabbit or do I need to manually
reindex after any changes to the repository. If so, what are the
performance implications of reindexing?

I would appreciate any help on this.

Thanks,
Pankaj